Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beware what you read

I can't find it now, but something popped up when I had a Forbes page open, giving 15 (I think) ways to save money to retire early. They were the usual, take your lunch to work, don't smoke or drink, but then there was one "die early". I couldn't believe my eyes.

I don't know if this was some sort of weird spam that loaded - I can't find it now.

There is some logic to it - there was a picture of a guy on a motorcycle, so I guess the idea is, live dangerously and you won't live as long. Therefore, you won't need to worry about having money to retire.

I don't really think this could be considered sound advice.

There was another site which I found with an article Don't Live Cheap Live Smart.


It starts out OK, not great, but no real red flags, until I get to this part;

Why live cheap is not a good idea

Living cheap might hurt your ego and drown you in negativity even more. People do need a form of achievement in their life, and these days, maintaining their lifestyle is arguably the best achievement of all.

Living cheap might also worsen your state of personal finance. For example, if you ’skimp’ on your daily meal, you might get sick - you and I know that getting sick these days is the least thing you want to have.

Ultimately, you have to stay healthy and pumped up to face the current money problems and issues.



OK, if you are homeless it might be a problem to eat, but anyone with a little bit of imagination can eat fairly cheaply. This is something I will blog about later.

I think this site might be promoting credit cards, as along the top it had Home, About, Contact, Advertise, Credit Cards.

That, to me, sent up a red flag.



I didn't click on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment