Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cheap International Vacation Travel

I like to travel. I especially like international travel.

One of the best sites I have found for international travel deals is go-today.com.

I have taken 2 trips using this company. One to Portugal and one to Italy.
Both were great trips and a wonderful value.

Now, this is not a guided tour, so if you are an inexperienced traveler, or afraid of adventure, it might not be for you. Their packages include air fare, hotel, and if it is more than 1 city, transportation between the cities. You have to get yourself to/from the airport or train station, although sometimes now they have additional add-ons (they didn't the first time I used them).

If you don't live in one of the normal "gateway" cities, be sure and check out their add-ons from where you live. Quite often it will be cheaper than what you could book yourself. This is where the real cost savings can come in. That, and the hotels they use are quite inexpensive and include breakfast. The hotels are local, and not something you would likely find on your own.

I always choose the cheapest hotel, as I don't need more than a bed, heat (or a/c), and a decent private bathroom (I refuse to share).

The prices today are a little higher than I would expect. Keep watching the site if you are interesting in traveling, and have time off. The key is to go in the off season, when prices are lower. This also means the crowds are smaller, which in Europe can be a really big deal.

If you want any more tips on traveling, feel free to post a comment and I will try to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment